I can’t even begin to describe how magical Sounds Live Feels Live Jakarta was. To me anyway. They genuinely sound better in live performances than in record. Being able to see Michael shredded his guitar was just eyegasmic. Seriously the whole show was eargasmic, eyegasmic, limbgasmic, organogasmic. Right. Anyway we got a good seat. Not too far away from the stage. And the moment the door was open we couldn’t hold our excitement any longer. We literally screamed like proper school girls.
Few hi-lite of the show;
1. Luke wore all-black outfit (plus he’s growing beard lately, I honestly thought he would flop, but boy, did I squeal). I absolutely love that his ability to master the stage has improved. He no longer stood there clueless. He looked more confident. And his vocals, never missed a note. I love love love Waste The Night cause he literaly took the mic out of the stand and just walk around the stage and sang. Man the song sure sounded deeper.
2. Calum was being super duper über cute in his new haircut and his extra long bass and I was just sooo enchanted at his bass-skill. Especially in Jet Black Heart and Disconnected. And when he mentioned that it’s their first time being in Jakarta yet so many people were there to watch them play and it made them so thankful, I swear I could see his eyes went glassy. Or maybe it’s just the screen. PS: he did forget some lyrics, and watching Calum mumbling some incoherent words was the cutest thing ever.
3. Michael. My love. My muse. His faded blue hair. His guitar shredding… Of all their performance footage in OTRA show, I was always always dazzled by the sight of Mikey and his X guitars, my favorite were the green and black ones. They looked idk majestic? I still couldn’t believe that I saw the black guitar with my own eyes that night. I was just. Okay. On a lighter note, I was also convinced that he’s a kitten in human form cause when he said “we got two songs left” and we were shouting a big NO, he was like “why did you say no, you should be like awwwhhh” (right then and there I lost my shit) followed by a scrunched nose and all cute things he could do with his face. Damn. What did we do to deserve dat! He’s a ball of energy and the way he jumped around the stage got me like GET DOWN I NEED TO PROPERLY HUG YOU. You blue haired kitten! Gosh I’m so in love. No tea no pink shade no lemonade I got me some memorable MuKe moments recorded. Never give up your ship. Ever
4. Ashton. Real sunshine. He kept the show alive with his kind-too-kind-speech. He mentioned about Indonesia being close to home thus they should travel here more often, he fucking giggled and laughed like he’s made out of sunrays, he’s just sooo kind. He’s got great amount of energy to bang those drum non-stop whilst smiling. My strong man. He’s like sweating all over and people around me were like LET ME CLEAN THOSE OFF FOR YOU. Bahahaha.
5. The fan project went really well. It’s quite touching actually. We put up signs during Jet Black Heart with the words I AM ….. (You can fill in the blank with the word that describes you the best. That night I chose insecure, anxious, and passionate, just because). Thru these signs we wanted to let them know that to some people, including moi, their music has helped us in some ways. It’s a part of SLFL worldwide project and the band noticed it several times. I was just happy to be in a part of something, to voice out my struggle, and look around only to see that lots of people were feeling the same. It gave me some sort of relief. Idk.
6. Favorite songs during the show (ones where I literally danced my ass off) were Permanent Vacation, Disconnected, Castaway, Waste The Night, End Up Here (we blew the roof off the stage), Beside You (Mikey’s guitar solo. Enuff said), and Amnesia (I might or might not shed a tear or two).
7. The venue and service was satisfying. They provided us with indoor venue (great acoustic too by the way), multiple and clean toilets, not too expensive food vendors, spacious parking lot and exit access so the traffic wasn’t as bad, friendly and lots amount of staff to help us with the seat number, no exaggerating body-check… Bottom line, the price we payed was totally worth it. Love the music promotor.
8. They ducking made impromptu songs called Jakarta and Nasi Goreng (they requested to be put in team nasi goreng and who were we to say no). It’s basically just some melodies with the words jakarta and nasi goreng being repeated over and over but the fact that they made effort to show us their love was heart-warming.
Some of my friends told me to get less attached to these stuff cos it might turn boys off and I was like, no. Absolutely NO! I won’t let them out of my life. Ever. Not until whoever that guy is – gives me the same amount of happiness I get when I fangirl. So yep. No.
All in all I was incredibly thankful that once again, one of my dreams finally came true. I know my definition of “dreams” sounds so shallow and less ambitious, but hey, at least I’m living it.
Here’s to lots of other memorable gigs in the future!!!!!
ALL THE EFFIN LOVE!